Custom URL Schemes on iOS and PDFpen
This is not an explanation of custom URL schemes, it is simply a resource on how to use PDFpen in iOS with them. This applies to PDFpen for iPad and PDFpen for iPhone.
Open the PDFpen app
- When used with an invalid file name this will just open the app.
Open a document, named "Panther", stored locally in the main Documents view.
- Three slashes /// are used for local files in the Documents view.
- The file name is case sensitive.
- A file extension is needed along with the file name. This will usually be ".pdf".
Open a document, named "Panther," to a specific page, page 3.
- Append "?pg=" and the page number
Open a document, named "Leopard", stored locally in a folder named "Big Cats."
Open a document, named "Grey Wolf," in the Dropbox folder named "Wolves."
- Use two slashes // with files not stored locally.
For sub-folders, extend the file path to include them.