The OCR option is grayed out. How do I manually activate OCR?
If PDFpen/Pro does not automatically recognize a document requiring OCR, you can manually OCR the document. To manually OCR a document, choose Edit > OCR...
If OCR is greyed out, this can occur for a variety of reasons:
- The document was previously OCR'd by another program
- The document was partially OCR'd
- The document was not recognized as a large bitmap image of text
In that case, you can force-OCR your document (or page). To force OCR:
1. Hold down the Command and Option keys together.
2. With the keys held down, choose Edit > OCR... from the menu
Note: DO NOT let go. If you let go of Command+Option while in Edit, it will change from *OCR Document* to OCR Page).