Submit Form Script Example
PDFpenPro can create submit buttons that submit form data via the web. We’ve created an example script which can create and collect submitted form data into a Google Spreadsheet. We think it’s quite handy, and it can serve as a starting point for your scripts.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of CGI scripting and a dash of Perl and Ruby; a server that will allow you to create and deploy your own CGI script
Instructions for configuring your web/application server
1. Download the latest scripts (version 1.0)
2. Place the script files and the two PDFs in your cgi-bin folder
3. Ensure the script files have permission to execute
4. Grab the Ruby Google stuff:
gem sources -a http://gemcutter.org
sudo gem install google-spreadsheet-ruby
5. Use CPAN to install:
6. In pdfpen_google.rb, fill in your google_username and google_password
7. In pdfpen_submit.cgi, fill in your $cgi_bin_dir and $debug_dump_dir
8. Create a form using PDFpenPro 5 and point the submit button at http://yoursite.com/cgi-bin/pdfpen_submit.cgi
Note: These scripts are provided as-is to serve as an example of form submission via HTTP. Also, we’re not affiliated with Google.