How can I access files in Scan+?
PDFpen Scan+ has been discontinued in September 2019; Learn More
You can keep using Scan+ on your iPhone and iPad running iOS 12. Scan+ will likely work on later OS versions, but will not be fully supported. Scan+ will remain accessible through the App Store’s “Purchases” tab. There are several ways to access and obtain files saved in Scan+:
Check the iCloud settings and Manage Storage on your mobile device. Scans should appear under the Scan+ app. If you have not recently backed up your iPhone or iPad to iCloud, there is no certainty that scanned documents in Scan+ made it safely to your personal iCloud account. We recommend periodically backing up your documents (via the Cloud or another method).
Reset & Restore
To reset, sign out of iCloud and back in again. To restore, turn iCloud sync back on in Scan+'s settings. If you have iCloud turned on in settings, documents will be accessible on your Mac.
Files stored in iCloud are located ~/Library/Mobile Documents/. The easiest way to get there is to select "Go to Folder" from the "Go" menu in the Finder, then copy and paste "~/Library/Mobile Documents/" into the window that appears.
If you see files listed in ~/Library/Mobile Documents/, they should show up in Scan+ when you turn on syncing. Please double-check the following on your iPad or iPhone:
1. In the Settings app's iCloud section, make sure that you're signed on to iCloud and is enabled using the same Apple ID account
2. Make sure that Documents & Data is enabled, including for the app
3. Make sure that inside the app iCloud is enabled in its settings
4. If all seems fine, please try restarting your device by holding the power button until the "Slide to power off" prompt appears, do so, and turn on again
5. If nothing has worked so far, try deleting the app, restarting the device again, and reinstalling from the App Store
3rd Party Options
Another option to extract the data in Scan+ would be by way of a 3rd party tool, such as iMazing, or something similar. We can't guarantee the effectiveness and safety of a 3rd party tool but other users have had success with iMazing in the past and many features are available in the demo. Using iMazing, you should be able to gain access to the Scan+ Documents folder. Here are instructions to do that with a demo of iMazing:
1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac
2. Download iMazing here: https://imazing.com/iphone-backup-browser-extractor
3. Launch iMazing
4. Click the disclosure arrow next to your device in iMazing's sidebar
5. Scroll down and click on 'File System'
6. In the right window, click 'Apps'
7. Next, click on PDFpen -> Documents
8. You should now see your PDFpen documents in the window and you can drag those to your computer.